Po-Hi Students must be in attendance 90% of designated school days. The actual number of days is determined by the days in each semester. Students will receive a failing grade for periods where absences exceed the 10% limit. There is an appeal process for excessive absences due to medical and/or extenuating circumstances. Contact the appropriate grade level assistant principal for an appeal application.
For additional information on attendance see section 2 of the Student Handbook
Please complete form if you have had more than 9 absences in a class this semester
Student Vehicles/ Parking and Driving Code
Student Vehicles/Parking and Parking Code Contract
All vehicles being driven to school for academic and school purposes are to be parked in areas designated by school officials. These vehicles must be registered with the school. Students will be allowed to register two vehicles for a fee of $20.00. Should students need to register more than two vehicles there will be a $5.00 charge per vehicle for each additional vehicle registered. Parking permits will be available during spring pre-enrollment to the future Senior and Junior students. Sophomores may purchase parking permits during fall enrollment. Freshmen are not allowed to drive to school. Situations that require special consideration will be handled at the discretion of the administrator in charge of vehicle parking.
Students who drive must return a completed application signed by the student and his/her parent/guardian. This application along with the vehicle registration fee must be turned into the office before they may drive to school.
The student and parent/guardian who sign the application agree to the following rules:
- Speed limit of 10 miles per hour in the parking area and observe all traffic regulations in all school areas.
- No parking in the faculty lot between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and during evening events to which parents are invited.
- Cooperate with school personnel (including parking lot security) at all times.
- Lock vehicle as soon as he/she arrives. There is to be no loitering in the vehicle or the parking lot.
- Do not sit or ride on vehicles in the school parking lots.
- Park properly in each individual space (no backwards parking).
- Before 8:00 a.m. the lot will have both north and south entrances open. After 8:00 a.m. the north lot will be closed until 3:10 p.m. daily.
- Student vehicles leaving between 8:00 a.m. and 3:10 p.m. must have a lot pass from the attendance office and must exit through the south exit.
- If for some reason a student needs to get into his/her car during the school day, he/she must first obtain a lot pass from the attendance office.
- Students are to keep the parking lots clean. Do not litter the lots with trash or other items.
- When attending any school time activity, you are required to park in your assigned parking area.
- Do not vandalize any vehicle on the school lots. This includes but is not limited to “keying” a vehicle, hitting a vehicle, or simply writing on a vehicle.
- The school is not responsible for student automobiles in terms of accidents, theft, etc.
Violations of the above policy will be handled at the discretion of the administrator in
charge of vehicle parking. Consequences could be as follows:
- Parking in the faculty lot will result in a $20.00 fine and the student will be required to move his/her vehicle immediately. There will be no warnings.
- $10.00 fine payable to the business office for student parking lot violations.
- Loss of parking privileges
- Placement in ISD
For additional information see section 2.2 of Student Handbook