District Technology Site
Ponca City Schools Technology
MISSION STATEMENTOur mission is to ensure that all students are prepared to live and work successfully in a global society.
District Technology GoalsAll students will learn a rigorous content-based curriculum within a 21st Century framework of collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity;Effective teaching practices will be used by all teachers to ensure student learning;The district will provide and sustain a technology-enriched environment that is necessary to support student learning within a 21st Century framework
Thanks to the supportive citizens of Ponca City we have a bond issue that provided devices and technology improvements for our teachers and students. Some of the technology used in our district includes:
- All classrooms, from Pre-K through the 12th grade, have Promethean Boards. These interactive whiteboards promote greater student engagement, helps accommodate for different learning styles, and is visually stimulating.
- RedCat systems are available for teachers to amplify their voices in the classroom during instruction.
- Ponca City Schools use G Suites for Education by Google, which provides a safe and closed access online learning environment.
- Grades 8th-12th-students each have their own Chromebooks to take home during the school year. Students can also work offline in their Google Drive files if the internet is not available.
- K - 5th grades have a cart of Chromebooks for every 2 classrooms.
- West Middle School has a cart of Chromebooks in each classroom
- Washington Pre-K Center is using IPads and touch screen Promethean Boards.
ISTE Technology Standards
Ponca City Schools follows the ISTE technology standards to help prepare our students to live and work in an ever-changing, technology-enriched future.